You must consult your assigned special education faculty advisor to plan an appropriate program of study. A minimum of 30 hours of academic credit comprising an appropriate program of study must be approved early in the program by your graduate committee and the Graduate School. You will also be required to present a teaching portfolio, details can be found in the degree checklist.
High Incidence Disabilities Special Education Endorsement (Elementary or Secondary)
- EDSP 711 - Characteristics of Exceptionalities (3 credits)*^
- EDSP 742 - Intervention: Emotional and Behavior Disorders (3 credits)*^
- EDSP 743 - Intervention: Academic Disabilities (3 credits) *^
- EDSP 745 - The Consulting Process in Special Education (3 credits)^
- EDSP 777 - Social and Emotional Learning and Behavior Management Strategies (3 credits)
- EDSP 778 - Technology for Special Education (3 credits)
- EDSP 785 - Practicum I: High Incidence (3 credits)*^
- EDSP 800 - Practicum II (3 credits)
- EDSP 830 - Assessment in Special Education (3 credits)
- EDSP 844 - Special Education in Secondary Schools (2 credits)#
- EDSP 848 - Transitions in Special Education (3 credits)
Low Incidence Special Education Endorsement (Elementary or Secondary)
- EDSP 841 - Interventions: Low Incidence Special Education (3 credits)
- EDSP 849 - Interventions: Autism Spectrum Disorder (3 credits)
- EDSP 885 - Practicum in Education of Individuals with Low Incidence Special Education Needs/Elementary (3 credits)
*QuickStart Program Provisional Endorsement: The Special Education QuickStart Program is for Elementary Education undergraduate students in the K-State College of Education with an area of concentration in special education. Courses begin the sophomore or junior year.
^ StepAhead Program Provisional Endorsement: The StepAhead Provisional Endorsement is for Secondary Education undergraduate students in the College of Education with an interest in special education. As part of the StepAhead program you can complete a 3-credit hour practicum (EDSP 785) in conjunction with your professional semester. Your practicum placement will provide you opportunities to teach in both resource and inclusive special education settings.
# Required course for all secondary level endorsement and elementary level adding secondary certification.