Military Students

Military Students

I am active duty, National Guard or Reserve, a veteran, or a spouse/dependent of a military member.

Admission Requirements

If you are a military-affiliated applicant, you must meet standard university admission requirements. Please select one of the following student types to learn more about admission requirements:

Some programs may have additional admission requirements. Visit the program webpage for more information.

Deadlines and Fees

Undergraduate Application Deadlines

  • Fall semester (begins in late August): Aug. 1

  • Spring semester (begins in late January): Jan. 1

  • Summer semester (begins in late May): May 1

Graduate Application Deadlines

  • Applications are accepted year-round. Applicants should plan to apply within two to three months from the start of the semester. The fall semester begins in late August, the spring semester begins in late January and the summer semester begins in late May.

Some programs have unique application deadlines. Visit the program webpage for more information.

Application Fee

  • Undergraduate: $40

  • Graduate: $65


Undergraduate Application
Graduate Application


Tuition Assistance and GI Bill Benefits

K-State Online supports military tuition assistance. Learn more about what is available and who to contact with questions.

K-State's Office of Veteran Affairs certifies the enrollments of students utilizing their VA educational benefits to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Recommended timeline for using the GI Bill.

Visit the Office of Veteran Affairs website for more information and to download the request forms.

Request Documentation

Freshman: Request your official high school transcript or GED equivalent, and if applicable, your ACT or SAT scores and college transcripts from each institution attended be sent to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions (contact information below)

Transfer: Request your official college transcripts from each institution attended be sent to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions (contact information below).

Military Credit: Request your official Joint Service Transcripts (JSTs) be sent to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions (contact information below). Active military personnel can have their current primary military occupational specialty (MOS) evaluated by submitting a positive performance evaluation dated within the last year.

Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Kansas State University
119 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506-0102
Fax: 785-532-6393
Electronic transcript provider:

Student-issued or personal copies of transcripts or test scores are not considered official records and will not be accepted.

Graduate: All supplemental documents will be requested as you fill out the application. Please upload all materials directly into the application. Unofficial transcripts must be obtained from each institution attended. Some programs may have unique documentation requirements.

Check Application Status

Once your application, application fee and additional required documentation are received, your application will be reviewed. All items must be received by the application deadline. It takes 4-6 weeks for an application to be processed once all materials have been received.

To check on the status of your application, contact an online admissions representative at or 800-622-2578.